I am home

I met today’s guest poster, Kim, of Mama’s Monologues through the 2011 Ultimate Blog Party, hosted by 5 minutes for mom.

In all the bloggers that I met and followed through that great party, Kim is one whose blog and story as a stay at home mom of three boys and Rapper extraordinaire is one that has continued to keep me interested. Along with writing moving posts (like the one she’s sharing today) and connecting with her readers, Kim is a twitter queen, someone you should get to know…fast! I’m so happy that Kim is guest posting here today!

***

I am home

By Kim of Mama’s Monologues

He playfully goes about his day, growing more independent as time moves forward.

He’s mastering skills by himself. He has the desire to try things on his own.

He is becoming aware of the vast world around him.

His laughter is heard, erupting through the house. It warms my heart as I look up at him, proud of the new task he just accomplished.

He carries on with his play, exploring and learning.

Then he stumbles. He encounters an unknown and isn’t quite sure of how to master it.

He tries, and the frustration is rising in his small two year old little body.

He searches for an answer, a solution he is having trouble finding.

His heart beats faster and I can almost see the nerves standing on end in him.

He turns, quickly scanning the room until he spots me. He toddles over, with a worried look splattered across his sweet little boy face.

He needs help and looks to me.

He looks to me to pick him up when he falls down.

He looks to me for an answer he can’t quite reveal.

He looks to me to find safety. Security. And love.

I am his teacher, his guide and his friend.

To him, I am safe. I am secure.

I am home.

I am the home that will provide stability when the outside world seems unsteady.

I am the home that will always provide for you, no matter obstacles the outside world throws in your path.

I am the home that will show you answers when every book has closed its cover.

I am the home that will pour you love when you are just being you.

I am home.

***

Thank you again Kim for sharing this lovely post with my readers!

41 Responses to “I am home”

Thank you so much for having me here today! And your introduction? So sweet!

Thank you for the beautiful guest post! I love the ease with which you use words to talk about the beautiful parts of parenting.

2. Emmy says:

Yes Kim makes some of the most hilarious videos out there.

3. A beautiful post all of us mothers can relate to and wish they wrote :) Lovely to see you here, Kim.

4. Mirjam says:

I like the way you write.
    This is a very sweet post.

5. I love the flow of this piece! What a wonderful mom! All children need to feel this.

6. Sweaty says:

Thanks for introducing Jessica, Kim.

A heartfelt post by Kim, as always! She’s indeed a wonderful blogger, a dedicated mother, a loving wife. It’s apparent in every single post she’s written–even when she worries, mostly it’s about her family! She is amazing!!!

7. Galit Breen says:

Oh my, Kim- this is beautiful! “I am the home”- gorgeous!

8. Jessica says:

Such a beautiful post and what more perfect gift could we give our children than “home”?

9. angela says:

This is so beautifully written. It’s the thing I most want to give my kids, always.

10. Leighann says:

This is beautiful Kim.
    We are home aren’t we?
    Moms!!
    We are the comfort no matter what age they are.

11. So true, Kim!! This is how I aspire to be with my kids too, their “home”. LOVE this :)

12. Eve says:

What a beautifully written post, Kim. I feel the exact same way about my little boy. He means the absolute world to me. I think the biggest reason people love you and your blog is because you’re honest and you say things that we’re all thinking. You definitely have a way with words, my friend.

13. Kayla says:

wow that really is beautiful!

Beautiful. Your boys are lucky to have such a home.

15. Jessica says:

You are my home too Kimsley.

16. “Home” is the perfect way to describe it. Nothing fills me with a deeper sense of purpose than when my daughter seeks me out as her comfort.

Unless, of course, she frowns and pushes me away saying, “Mommy, go!” because she’s decided that Daddy is “home.”

But I’m not bitter. ;)

17. Elaine says:

This just makes me smile because it’s so precious. In some ways I wish they could need us forever.

But other ways, not so much. ;)

xo

18. Julie says:

So precious, and so short of a time. I’m glad we can catalogue these moments.

19. I think it’s so amazing that as mothers we can be that security for our children. I’m awed by it’s power every day.

20. Loved this post! Beautifully written. I hope my kids will always consider me “home” too.

21. Kir says:

oh the tears you just took from me…wow, what a gorgeous letter to your son and to yourself. To remind you that you are all he needs, that you are the security and love and “home” he can always count on.
    As always, Kim…your words have brought me to my knees and made me grateful for these little people and the little time we have with them. :) xoxo

22. Tonya says:

Beautiful, Kim! Home has taken n a whole new meaning since I became a mother.